Canadian French/ Quebecois Vocabulary
To order food in Quebec, first you need to understand the questions that are asked to you.
In this short video and blog post, you will find 5 French questions you might get asked at a restaurant in Quebec and how to answer to these questions.
Here are the questions:
- C'est pour ici ou pour emporter? (Is this for here or to go?)
- C’est pour combien de personnes? (Is this for how many people?)
- Avez-vous fait votre choix? (Have you made your decision?)
- Quelque chose à boire? (Anything to drink?)
- Plate ou pétillante? (Regular or sparkling?)
And the answers:
- Pour ici, s'il vous plaît. (For here, please)
- Pour deux personnes. (For two)
- Oui, je voudrais ... (Yes, I would like... )
- Juste de l'eau. (Water is fine.)
- Plate, s'il vous plaît. (Regular, please.)
For more, subscribe to my channel.
I have been teaching French to adults for more than 5 years in Canada. I'm a certified French teacher, and I'm currently PhD Candidate in French Studies at Western University. I love reading, travelling and learning new languages.
I've created unique downloadable learning materials focusing primarily on improving speaking and understanding in French.
I'm also helping thousands of French learners on my Instagram page.